Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Is Anyone else scared?

I feel sick and terrified. I probably shouldn't have written the Sacrificing Isaac, Invading Canaan post. It would be easier just to have said that I disagreed on the political issue and had done, but I do believe that justice demands that all of God's children should have the right to chanel their sexuality rather than suppress it, and if I imagine otherwise, that strikes me as a changing and unjust God so I can't accept that anymore than a God who doesn't perform miracles. But whatever my reasoning, what it comes down to is that I won't vote for this.

So has anyone else had people very close to them or church leaders "remind" them of their sustaining vote of the prophet and strongly imply that they wonder whether you sustain the prophet. I know my dad once had an interview with a fairly high authority who said that it shouldn't be taken to suggest that their membership was any less faithful. So why am I scared? So why do I hurt? Why do I worry that people will push so hard to get me on board with this one issue that I can't be comfortable being on board the Church boat. We don't push out people who don't have their 72 hour kits and 6 month storage. We don't push people out for not doing their geneology. Why on this. OK because I'm stubborn ass who has to say why he opposes it. I guess if I said I opposed geneology or thought 6 month storage was a bad idea (actually, 6 month storage of fuel might be a bad idea in an urban area where it is a severe fire risk) that might raise similar ire.

I just want to be true to myself and be open and honest with my church and loved ones. Then I want them to love me for who I am and the service I perform even while they disagree with me.

No comments: