Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Good News / Bad News

The good news is that I got the call from Los Angeles City College and they do want to interview me for the tenure track professor position (Yeah!!!!). The bad news is that the interview is next Wednesday when we were supposed to be in Las Vegas. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to deal with this.

  1. Stay home
  2. Fly back from Vegas to home (I can get a flight as low as $70 if I take a layover and go to Burbank, closer to $120 for a direct to Long Beach.)
  3. Take a bus back ($48-$55 depending on whether it is refundable.)

It may actually be a good thing since it will get me back home before the rest of the family and I can then go to adjunct meetings at Cypress and Cerritos. Or I could get a round trip ticket and join the family in Vegas Wednesday evening.

Update

I decided to fly back because I wanted to be helpful to Staci during as much of the vacation as I could and I didn't want to be exhausted from a bus ride by the time I got home. I thought the price was pretty reasonable and standard for the distance and there were only 3 seats left at that price; one at the wrong time. Explaining to my wife why I spent $120 on a plane ticket is a harder proposition. (I'm hoping to get a subbing position that Friday that will pay for the ticket.)

No comments: